Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Simons Foundation Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Required Letter of Intent - November 6, 2018, 5:00pm ET
- Full Proposal (Finalists only) Deadline - February 22, 2019
- Who is eligible?
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
- She/he must have carried out research in a tenure-track or equivalent independent position for at least one year and no more than eight years (start date of first independent position between November 2010 and November 2017) and must currently hold a tenure-track, tenured, or equivalent independent position in a U.S. or Canadian institution (in a campus within these countries).
- She/he must be the principal investigator (PI) or co-PI currently or within the past year on a research grant from a national governmental agency or major foundation.
- What is the budget and duration?
- Up to $180,000 per year (total costs), including 20% allowable indirect costs for up to 3 years
- Additional Notes
- The purpose of these awards is to help launch the careers of outstanding investigators in the field of marine microbial ecology and evolution who will advance our understanding through experiments, modeling or theory.
- Projects focusing on the microbiomes of invertebrates or vertebrates or on paleontological records will not be considered this year.