Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Robert Wood Johnson Early Career Funding Opps.
- Deadline - May 16, 2017, 3pm ET
- Who is eligibile?
- Applicants must have completed a doctoral degree within the last 10 years (obtained by September 1, 2007 or later).
- Applicants must be early-career scholars, such as a post-doc or assistant professor.
- Applicants must be from a group that has historically been disadvantaged or underrepresented in research disciplines.
- Applicants must never have received a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or individuals granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application and must not be receiving support from other research fellowships/traineeships at the time they begin the program.
- Additionally, individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer or Trustee of RWJF, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
- What is the budget and duration?
- One year grant up to a maximum of $50,000
- Additional Notes
- Applicants’ home institutions must agree to administer and receive the grant.
- The researchers in this program come from multiple disciplines (health, social sciences, business, urban planning, architecture and engineering); work to build the case for a Culture of Health with strong qualitative and quantitative research skills; and produce and translate timely research results.