Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Research Corporation for Science Advancement Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Pre-proposal - May 1, 2018
- Invitations for Full Proposals Sent - May 18, 2018
- Proposal Deadline - July 20, 2018
- Who is eligible?
- Eligible applicants are tenure-track faculty members whose primary appointment is in a department of astronomy, chemistry or physics that offers, the minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
- For the 2018 proposal cycle, eligibility is limited to faculty members who started their first tenure-track appointment anytime in calendar year 2015.
- What is the budget and duration?
- $100,000 for 3 years
- Funds from an award may be used to support both the educational and research projects of the Cottrell Scholar and to cover travel expenses related to attendance at two annual Cottrell Scholar conferences.
- Additional Notes
- There is no provision for indirect costs or overhead, academic-year faculty salaries, tuition, or for routine institutional services.
- The ability of applicants to mount a strong and innovative research program and achieve excellence in education and their potential leadership skills are key criteria in the selection of the awards.