Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Health Effects Institute Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Pre-application - February 15, 2018 (tentative)
- Application - May 15, 2018 (tentative)
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants must have their PhD, ScD, MD, DVM, or DrPH degree and should have two to seven years of research experience at the time of application
- Application is restricted to PIs who are assistant professors or an equivalent prosition at an academic or research institution.
- Applicants must be within 7 years of receiving their highest degree at the time of application. However, time spent on non-research activities such as medical residencies or maternity or paternity leave may be excluded.
- What is the duration and budget?
- $150,000/year for 3 years for a maximum of $450,000 in total costs
- PIs should devote a minimum of 25% of their time to the proposed research.
- Additional Notes:
- This award is intended to provide funding for outstanding investigators who are beginning independent research to undertake research on the health effects of air pollution.
- Applicants should be aware of the HEI's Strategic Plan for the Health Effects of Air Pollution 2015-2020 when considering potential research topics:
- Addressing challenges of multi-pollutant science
- Improving science for descisions: accountability and transparency
- Addressing emerging fuels and technologies
- Addressing global health science
- Access the RFA Here.