Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Deadline - August 15, 2018 (required Letter of Intent)
- Invited full proposals due January 2019
- Who is eligible?
- PIs within the first three years of a tenure-track position, or an equivalent independent research appointment, at a United States academic or non-profit institution that conducts research in chemical and life sciences.
- Tenure Track Start Date must be after: 8/15/2015
- Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States at the time of application.
- No individual may apply for a Beckman Young Investigator award more than two times.
- Investigators can have no more than $225,000 in direct, annualized external funding grants during any BYI Program Year (Aug-July) at time of application.
- Start-up funds, department-wide instrumentation grants, and "Transition" grants (such as NIH K99/R00) are not counted toward this total.
- What is the budget and duration?
- Additional Notes
- The Foundation does not provide for overhead or for indirect costs.
- The BYI program funds promising young scientists early in their careers who have not yet received a major award from another organization. Proposals that already have substantial funding will not be considered for the BYI award.
- Projects proposed for the BYI program should be truly innovative, high-risk, and show promise for contributing to significant advances in chemistry and the life sciences.