American Physiological Society Early Career Funding Opportunities
The American Physiological Society Awards program demonstrates the Society's dedication to its members and biomedical research by recognizing the research efforts of outstanding APS members. As part of our mission to foster education, scientific research and dissemination of information in the physiological sciences, APS hands out more than 400 awards in the field of physiology each year totaling more than $1.2 million. Awards are offered by the Society and the various Society Sections. Download complete awards brochure. And for a different snapshot of awards available, please view our APS News Update – Awards Special Edition for 2018 Deadlines.
- Deadline - December 7, 2018
- Who is eligible?
- Assistant professors who have demonstrated outstanding promise based on his/her program in neuroscience/neurophysiology research.
- Member in good standing of the APS for at least two years prior to their application
- U.S. Residency is NOT required.
- What is the budget and duration?
- $20,000 for an undisclosed amount of time
- Complimentary registration for the Experimental Biology Meeting
- Additional Notes
- The Beverly Petterson Bishop Award recognizes excellence in neuroscience/neurophysiology research.
- The award does not include indirect cost reimbursement.