American Institute of Steel Construction Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Deadline - August 31, 2018
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants shall be on a tenure track at a U.S. university but not have had tenure at any institution.
- What is the budget and duration?
- Four-year fellowship awarding $50,000 per year (for a total of $200,000)
- No overhead costs will be covered because AISC is a non‐profit organization that uses membership dues for research and other activities per the solicitation
- Additional Notes
- Link to solicitation
- The faculty member is to use this fellowship to support students with high potential to be valuable contributors to the U.S. structural steel construction industry and should strive to fund a doctoral candidate with at least half of the fellowship money. The subject of study may be chosen from a wide arrray of topics in steel design and construction; a partial list of research topics of interest to AISC is below.