Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Department of Energy Early Career Funding Opportunities
- Required Pre-application Due - September 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Application Due - November 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Who is eligible?
- The Principal Investigator must be an untenured Assistant Professor on the tenure track or an untenured Associate Professor on the tenure track at a U.S. academic institution as of the deadline for the application.
- No more than ten (10) years can have passed between the year the Principal Investigator's Ph.D. was awarded and the year of the deadline for the application.
- PIs DO NOT have to be U.S. citizens.
- PIs of other sponsors' Early Career awards are eligible
- What is the budget and duration?
- Minimum of $750,000 over 5 years with no maximum though applicants are encouraged to propose research expenditures as close to the funding minimum as possible.
- Additional Notes
- An employee with a joint appointment between a university and a DOE national laboratory must apply through the institution that pays his or her salary and provides his or her benefits.
- There can be no co-Principal Investigators.
- Each Principal Investigator may only submit one Early Career Research Program application per annual competition.
- Additionally, a Principal Investigator may not participate in more than three Early Career Research Program competitions.